Monday, July 28, 2008

So far.. I been to a number of states of America. Each state has a different story to tell. I'll begin with Sandusky Ohio. I learnt how to live like an American. I got to work and communicate with the Americans as well as people from all over the world. I thought that was very cool. Meeting different people with different culture. People with disability to make me learn how to appreciate my life even more and stay humble. Handling different kinds of polictics at work etc. The music that was played over and over again from the Jukebox at Coaster's Drive In used to be boring and old fashioned. But now, I missed listening and playing it with my own hands. The people whom I used to work with, most of them were all-rounders who knows how to change the ketchup at the dinning room, do the calling, milk shakes, cook fries, burger and serving them. Most of them are Singaporeans and I felt so at home working with them. At least, the Taiwanese and the people from Ecuador came to take over us. Hopefully they will take over Coaster's Drive In with pride like what most of us did when we were there working.
My co supervisors, Carly and Keith were great partners to work with. Carly has the most experience as it was her 2nd year working there. She could answer all the questions about the restaurant! Keith, like a younger brother to me. He's strict with his workers and tries to get along with the workers very well too.
My final days at Sandusky was very packed but meaningful. I met Marian a very nice lady who brought me to her friends birthday party and then watch a movie. She tthen bought me the soundtrack of mama mia. She was super duper nice! Her birthday friend gave me a few pendants to wear it around my neck. They were really pretty. It was a good experience interacting with the American families. Marian really made me feel what is life like mingling with the Americans.
We have a farewell party at Coaster's Drive In. It was to bid farewell to the Singaporeans as all of them were leaving.
In between the working days, we went to Niagaria Falls, New York, Put-In-Bay, Chicago, Michigan, Cleveland. Before we ended our contract at Cedar Point, I decided to complete all the rides and coasters. I did it except for a few small rides as they dun make me feel anyhing.
AFter leaving Ohio, we headed to Florida, Orlando- visited walt disney -magic kingdom, animal kingdom, seaeworld. On the 1st day I nearly lost my precription glasses. Lucky I got it back before I leaving to Arizona. At Arizona, grand Canyon. I was really breathtaking to see the sun rise!! I saw couples awaiting for the sun to be out. It was so romantic!! Vanessa drove us to Las Vegas where we are here now. Building can be seen. Not as clean as Chicago or New York. But the night life here look really interesting. Will continue to update ya.. I'm super duper sleepy now. HAving running nose.. Can't afford to get sick. If not.. there wun be a more interesting story to tell.. :)