Thursday, July 31, 2008

We reach Arizona in the evening. I drove through in the middle of the night in search for our Lodge in Grand Canyon. We saw many many stars and the night was so beautiful. The moon was surrounded by many little clouds. It was a waste that I did not take a picture of it. Shuz saw 3 deers at the side of the road.. I saw many little animals running across the road. It was a interesting ride. However, driving at night is always tiring..
By the time we reach the lodge, it was about 1 plus 2am. We only had a few hours of sleep before we wake up to see the sunrise of the grand canyon... BUt we persisted and we woke up at 4am to catch the sunrise. The 1st pic shows that the sun is rising but not revealed yet.
THere's the sun!!! I was so excited! The observatory cliff that we were at was quite crowded. Many from Japan. There were couples cuddling together to see the sunrise together. Isn't it romantic??
I love the RAys!! From that day.. My girlie gang called me RAY! Coz i enjoy looking at the beautiful rays!
If you look closely, you can see 2 parts of colorado river from the picture below. The center stretch they called that as a ranch.
Upclose view of the river...
Some people say that Grand Canyon is all about "only rocks". But I really enjoyed every min of it. Listening to the birds chip, the quiet nature, the beautiful scenary uplifted my mood. I could sit there for hours! It's very different from looking at the pics and seeing it yourself on the actual ground. It really makes me appreciate the nature so much more..